A Previously Unseen Writing for You at the New Year

Yesterday, as I was contemplating the ending of one year and the beginning of another, I remembered a teaching I had transcribed around this time of year sometime in the past. So I looked and found the writing below, which interestingly was dated December 30, 2006. Literally no one else has ever seen it, and I’m delighted to share it with you on this fourth anniversary of its appearance.

A little background might be helpful in giving you a context for the first paragraph. This was written early in the morning, slightly before dawn. I had just come back from walking my dog and experiencing the magic of a heavy frost that was covering the ground and most everything else around.

“Let us focus on the phenomenon you are witnessing outside of your window. You were out earlier in the frost, enjoying the crispness of the air and the beauty of the frozen crystals on the ground and trees and buildings. Now, as the sun has come up as the precursor to a glorious day, its warmth is causing vapors to rise as the frost is ceding control of the environment. And those vapors suddenly have created a haze that has obscured your vision of much of the surrounding area.

Clarity often is sacrificed as change transpires. Both the old and the new bring their own unique beauty, yet the transition is seldom clear. This is what you are experiencing at this transition point in your life. Letting go of what has been known is necessary in order to move into the unknown. But your vision and understanding often are not clear, and you must move ahead with trust and faith, knowing with total certainty that all is unfolding in total perfection.

It also, of course, is not a ‘coincidence’ that you are writing this as one year (in chronological earth time) is ending, and another is about to begin. While, as we have discussed so often, time is one of the great illusions of the earth plane, it does serve to teach us lessons. In this case, the symbolism of ending one year, with no possibility of going back, and entering another with no certainty (from a human perspective) about what will happen next, is very appropriate.

You have no choice about leaving the old behind and entering the new – just as you will have no choice when your earthly stay ends and you are ushered back into your eternal realm. Yet human consciousness wants you to believe you have a choice about the fulfillment of your mission during this stay.

And that is why the gift of free will is so important. You can, in fact, make choices from your human perspective about a seemingly infinite number of situations. But there truly is only one choice, and that is between living your truth and responding to illusions. And the choices you make affect the ease with which you are able to fulfill your mission.

You are at a point of wrapping up the old, yet known, and entering into the new, and unknown. Ponder this, and use the gift of free will to choose to accept the new and relish all its gifts and opportunities. Do not allow fear to be a factor in this decision. Follow the truth of your reality.”

© Jack Armstrong, 2010

13 Responses to “A Previously Unseen Writing for You at the New Year”

1. Holly Wood says:

Beautiful Jack, thank you!

2. Lynda Lippin says:

So perfect Jack – thanks for sharing this!

3. charlie bergeron says:

Beginnings are so powerful; they are the point at which we let go. 6/26/2010 crb

4. Terry Wildemann says:

Thank you, Jack. It’s fitting that you share it today. Many of us may not have been ready to hear this message when you originally wrote it. You are blessed.

5. katherine t owen says:

Dear Jack,
    I release the old and welcome the new.
    Thank you.
    Love, KAtherine

6. shirley muse says:

Dear Jack, Of course I like anything that starts with “musings”, but my inspiration came from a once more realization that change is constant and that we can make new choices when things change or we can hold tight to the old choices. Rolling with the change and new possibie choices seems to keep me feeling new and even young.
    Thank you for expressing all your wisdom. I’m listening…
    Blessings to you each and every day,
    Shirley

7. Ebby says:

Thanks, Jack! Beautiful and so appropriate for the New Year. Thank you for sharing!

8. Leah Levkowitz says:

Thank you Jack for channeling sources perspective through your being. We are on the same frequency.

The analogy of the changes in nature to our lives hightlights that every moment is a rebirth. Every moment we can make new choices. The only thing that keeps us from changing is the programming in our minds. By being aware of this and overriding our mind and tapping into our soul, we can make truly fulfilling choices with no judgement. Happy New Year to you!!

9. Wilhelmina says:

Hello Jack. . . thank you am blessed to read such beautiful write ups. Kudos to you. Wish you all the best for the new year 2011.

10. tina dunn says:

Dear Jack..it is simpily amazing as I read this today, for I am in the process of letting go of my life as I have known it to be. Clearing and releasing making room for the new, thankyou for sharing these beautiful words. Have a blessed and peaceful new year.

11. Natalia says:

Dear Jack!This is a very beautiful and truthful story about the life. Thank You for sharing and caring.
    Happy New Year, I wish You a lot of Joy.Health and Wealth!

12. katie says:

I loved this.This came at the right timing for me.Thank you for always sharing your wisdom with all of us

13. Mini says:

This came at an amazing point in my life where I was constantly asking for clarity going through the transition. You have made it so clear and it fits perfectly well .
    Thanks for sharing this. Wishing you all that you wish for. Happy 2011 !!
    Mini

• Welcome

About Jack Armstrong

Welcome to my blog. I’m glad you’re here, and I’m excited about being able to visit with you in this way.

The musings about life and spirituality that I’ll be sharing with you will be from the perspective of a 71-year-old guy who spent most of his life trying to figure out what he wanted to be when he grew up ― and finally got it.

You can find out about my books, including Lessons from the Source, on the Store page here on this website, but this blog is a place for sharing thoughts and ideas.

We’re all on the spiritual path together, and we all have insights and perspectives to share with each other. My hope is that some of mine will be helpful and thought provoking for you.

Thanks for visiting. Many blessings.

Jack Armstrong

(If you’d like to find out more about me, just click here)